Academic Information Centre (AIC) is a non-profit institution, foundation established in 1994 by the Ministry of Education and Science and University of Latvia, Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science.
AIC implements the following functions:
- Latvian representative to the European diploma recognition networks ENIC/NARIC
- Information institution on recognition of professional qualifications in regulated professions
- National Europass centre
- Latvian coordination point for referencing national qualifications framework to the EQF
- Institution taking the decision about referencing higher education qualifications obtained earlier in Latvia according to the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No.142 (2012)
- Quality Agency for Higher Education