OCTRA 2 project “Online course catalogues and databases for transparency and recognition 2”
In terms of Erasmus+ Programme, K3 activity “Support for Policy Reform” Academic Information Centre – Latvian ENIC/NARIC implements project “Online course catalogues and databases for transparency and recognition 2” (OCTRA 2), which is a follow-up project for OCTRA (2020-2022).
Project implementation period: 1 January 2023 – 31 December 2024
Project No: 101101695
Aim: To explore further the role of online course catalogues of higher education institutions (HEI) in the project countries with a special focus on the micro-credentials in order to ensure support to HEIs in providing reliable information for recognition about higher education (HE) qualifications including micro-credentials that in future may lead to automatic recognition of HE qualifications.
Main objective: To promote a dialogue between credential evaluators at ENICs and NARICs and HEIs by agreeing on a template for the structure of course catalogues, including smaller learning units (i.e. micro-credentials) that would guide to structured and transparent descriptions of HE qualifications.
- To conduct a desk research to explore national practices, recommendations or approaches to micro-credentials and online course catalogues.
- To improve and adapt the guidelines (designed in the previous project) on online course catalogues by agreeing on key elements of information for HE qualification and micro-credentials that are essential for course catalogues that would guide to structured and transparent reflection of HE qualifications and micro-credentials, as well as provide solutions for inclusion of micro- credentials in the online course catalogues.
- strengthen the dialogue between HEIs and ENICS, NARICs, credential evaluators and other stakeholders involved in recognition (e.g. employers, students) on provision of reliable and unified information both on HE qualifications and micro-credentials
- Academic Information Centre (coordinator), Latvia
- BA School of Business and Finance (BASBF), Latvia
- Centre for Information and Recognition of Qualifications in Higher Education (CIP), Bosnia and Hercegovina
- Council of Rectors of Latvia (LRC), Latvia
- Narodowa Agencja Wymiany Akademickiej (NAWA), Poland
- National Centre for Information and Documentation (NACID), Bulgaria
- National Centre for Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas, Romania
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland, Ireland
- National Information Center for Academic Recognition and Mobility, Armenia