Qualifications Frameworks for trust, transparency and diversity – TPG A (QUATRA – TPG A)
Project implementation period: 01.05.2022 – 30.04.2025
In terms of Erasmus+ Programme, Academic Information Centre implements the project “Qualifications Frameworks for trust, transparency and diversity – TPG A”.
Aim – to enhance cooperation between national authorities, members of Thematic Peer Group A of European Higher Education Area (EHEA TPG A) and stakeholders in developing common European standards for quality and transparency and to ensure the fulfilment of the key commitments that are essential for the functioning of the EHEA.
Main objective – to provide the EHEA member states with opportunities for peer learning and exchange of best practices by organizing various peer learning activities and working groups on key priorities of qualifications frameworks, and to provide specific recommendations on various qualification framework related topics.
- Arranging Thematic Peer Group A on Qualification Frameworks (TPG A) meetings.
- Arranging four peer learning activities on key priorities implementing qualification frameworks (micro-credentials and use of qualification frameworks by stakeholders, implementation of qualification frameworks and ECTS – Focus on Learning Outcomes, Self-certification, Assessment of Learning Outcomes on programme level).
- Setting three working groups on qualification framework related topics (self-certification, short cycle higher education, as well as micro-credentials) to ensure more intensive discussions in order to provide specific recommendations on the related topics.
- International conference.
- Academic Information Centre, Latvia (project coordinator)
- Austria’s Agency for Education and Internationalisation
- Estonian Ministry of Education and Research
- The Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research of Austria (associated partner)
- National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement (NCEQE), Georgia (associated partner)
Peer learning activities
The first peer learning activity “The Place of Micro-Credentials in Qualifications Frameworks for Higher Education” was arranged on 20 October 2022 in Riga, Latvia by Academic Information Centre.
The second peer learning activity “How are learning outcomes perceived, transmitted, and implemented in daily practice of higher education institutions?” was arranged in 25 April 2023 in Vienna, Austria by Austria’s Agency for Education and Internationalisation and the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research of Austria.
The third peer learning activity “Self-Certification of National Qualifications Frameworks to the Overarching Qualifications Framework of the EHEA” will be arranged in 28 September 2023 in Tbilisi, Georgia by National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement (NCEQE) and Academic Information Centre.