Twinning - Support in strengthening the higher education system in Azerbaijan
Project number: AZ/14/ENI/OT/01/17 (AZ/49)
Project implementation period: April 13th, 2018 – July 12th, 2020
The general project objective is to further develop Azerbaijan’s higher education system through aligning it with a competence-based education approach.
The project purpose is to increase the institutional capacities of the Ministry of Education, higher education institutions and the Accreditation and Nostrification Office for the continued introduction of the principles, mechanisms, tools and policies of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and to ensure their consistent implementation and application supporting the shift towards a student-centred system and learning outcomes approach.
- Support further integration of Azerbaijan’s higher education into the European Higher Education Area.
- Reinforce quality assurance system to make higher education in Azerbaijan more visible and internationally competitive.
- Promote competence-based focus and student-centred approach in teaching and learning.
- Support revision of legislative and regulative framework, including spreading of best practices in recognition of qualifications.
- Ministry of Education – Azerbaijan
- International center for Pedagogical Studies (CIEP) (coordinator) – France
- Academic Information Centre (AIC) – Latvia
- European Social Fund Agency (ESFA) – Lithuania
- Research and Higher Education Monitoring and Analysis Centre (MOSTA) – Lithuania
- Ministry of Education and Science – Lithuania
For more information:
Web page for Twinning project
Facebook page for Twinning project
Twitter account for Twinning project